Hiring a good roofing contractor can be a difficult task. You may not know where to start looking for a contractor and what qualities you need to look for. In this article, you will read some tips that will help you choose the right roofer for you.
Here are some tips that will help you in selecting the right roofer:
- Liability Insurance: When you look for a contractor, you must check if they have a worker’s compensation and liability insurance. This is very important point. If the contractor is not covered and the contractor offers you the service at a very low rate, it is not worth the risk.
- Experience is a must: Do not choose a contractor that doesn’t have a multiple years of experience. Roofing involves many technical aspects and there are many problems that can come up while performing such service. Only an experienced contractor will be able to solve these problems for you properly and in time.
Experience doesn’t just mean one thing, it means that the contractor has won trust from the community it has served. There are many companies that come up every year, take a few projects and go out of business. Make sure the contractor that you choose has experience of more than 10 years. South Shore Roofing is a roofer who has over 34 years of experience in roofing, you can visit http://southshoreroofingma.com for more info.
- Get referrals: Ask the roofer to provide you with the contacts of their recent customers. You should contact their customers and ask them their experience with the roofer. Their reviews will be honest and hence will be very helpful.
You should ask your friends or family members if they know a good roofer. You should see their reviews on third-party websites and read what feedback their former customers have written about them. Do not select someone without any research.
- Discuss terms on paper: It is advised that you discuss the terms of payment and work before the start of the service. Ask them to write down the details of the work that is needed to be done and ask them the estimated amount you will be needing to pay inclusive of all charges and taxes. Also, do ask them how long will it take to complete the job. Ask for the estimate in writing.
- Price vs Quality: There are many contractors who can build or repair your roof. It is important that you take estimates from at least three contractors before finalizing one. You should compare the quality of their work by asking them the contact details of their previous customers. You should check the quality of the materials the contractor use.
Of course, the price should be a factor in determining the right roofer but quality should not be compromised for it.