There is an increased rate of people who are turning into vegans and that too for humanitarian reasons. People, especially the younger generations, are well aware of the society and the environment. They prefer to be vegans as they are aware of the various drawbacks and harms done on the animals. However, being a vegan has many health benefits.
Vegetarians often tend to consume more carbs than required. They lose out on the protein diet. They should have a balanced diet and also keep the protein content in their food. Excess of the carbs harms the body in a number of ways. It makes you obese, and that can come along with an array of problems and can even be deadly in the future. Then again, the excess carbs even increase the level of sugar in your blood. The blood sugar level when increased gets you addicted to sugar. These are the various negative impacts that can affect the body and happen primarily to the vegans.
Vegans usually miss out on the Vitamin B12 and also tend to consume either high carbs or very low carbs. An optimum level should be maintained in the body for proper functioning. People who don’t eat meat often think that their diet itself is healthy but they are unknowingly avoiding essential nutrients. Moreover, they often tend to replace the meat products with cheese and other dairy products. They don’t know but and it can have an adverse impact on their body.
Protein is responsible for muscle buildup and fuels our body. Although vegetarians are eating clean, it is refraining them from getting the required protein. And this can harm the body in various ways. There is no denying that vegetables and fruits nutrient rich but they are so scarce that it doesn’t meet up with normal body requirements.
An average adult male should consume around 56 grams of protein per day. The same number becomes a proper 48 grams for a woman of an average weight. The necessary calculation comes from the fact that the body requires 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of the body weight on a daily basis. Here are the various ways in which vegetarians can avail high amounts of proteins.
7 High Protein Sources for Vegans
- Tofu- These are excellent sources of proteins and can be a beneficial source for the vegans. The thing that you should make sure is to check the nutrient contents while buying it as tofu are made with different amounts of nutrients. You should make sure that they are high in proteins and doesn’t contain too many carbs.
- Vegan Protein Powder- The vegan protein powder is a beneficial source of protein for the vegetarians. It is made from vegetarian ingredients and is a magical supplement for the vegans who lack protein in their bodies. This protein powder can do wonders for your body and keep you healthy.
- Nuts and Seeds- Nuts and seeds are tasty as well as high protein sources. You should have a right amount of nuts and seeds on a regular basis. Apart from the proteins, they also avail you with an array of other nutrients that benefit your body and make your immune system stronger.
- Seitan- These are the high protein sources that look like the replica of meat. They are made from the high protein wheat substance and are flavored. Seitan is a rich source of protein and contains almost the same amounts as much as the meat.
- Chickpeas and Most Beans- The chickpeas are also an important source of proteins. The best thing about chickpeas and beans is that they can be cooked in numerous tasty ways. Most of the beans that are edible are also high in proteins.
- Hempseeds- These are the edible grade of cannabis seeds from the plants. They are high in proteins and also have various multifaceted benefits to your body. They better your immune system and also ensures better health.
- Green Peas- The green peas are a tasty and high protein containing food source for the vegans. It is a versatile food that can be added to a lot of dishes. They are nutritious and exceptionally high in protein.
Even when you are eating in the right quantities, there is always a nutritional gap. These are the various dietary sources through which the vegans can consume the proper quantity of proteins. Some more liberal vegans can consume poultry products like eggs. Eggs are also good source of protein, and it is recommended that you consume at least 2 eggs on a daily basis as it not only improves your immune system health but also look after your bone density. Through these ways mentioned above, you can make sure that your body doesn’t lack in proteins even though you are a vegan.