One can either look for the best Cochin packages offered directly by the Cochin Tourism body, or simply pack their bags, book the desirable commuting mode, and head to the following highlighted places in and around this city for an exotic holiday. Rest assured, this south Indian city has till date, never failed to impress its visitors.
Places of Interest
- Kochi Beach – Take a stroll around this stretch with the unique Chinese fishing nets dotting throughout the vast stretch of the beach as a perfect backdrop. Preferably during sunset, visit this place for a great deal of perspectives of the European styled bungalows, ships in the sea, and a scrumptious whiff of the freshly prepared fish delicacies at the local food stalls.
- Vasco House – Believed to be one of the oldest Portuguese houses in India, the Vasco House was once home to the great explorer Vasco Da Gama. The house has gorgeous European glass paned windows and verandahs.
- Santa Cruz Basilica – The first church in Kochi, Santa Cruz Basilica was constructed by the Portuguese in 1505 and was named as a basilica in 1558. The British settlers obliterated the house of God in 1795. The present structure was made in 1905 and raised to the status of a basilica by Pope John Paul II in 1984.
- Jewish Synagogue, Mattancherry – The synagogue, constructed in 1568, is grandly beautified by Chinese tiles and Belgian chandeliers. Scrolls of the Old Testament can be found here and it is situated close to the Dutch Palace in Mattancherry.
- Veega Land – For a dollop of fun and amusement, head to the Veega Land, the biggest amusement park in South India. Especially if you have kids along, then this is one paradise for them since this place has a an enormous collection of water rides and adventure rides which even the adults can scope for.
- Marine Drive – A walk around the long tree-lined seaside pathway that lines the backwaters is certainly justified regardless of the time spent, particularly during late evening or sunset. The clamoring backwaters, spotted with angling water crafts, speedboats, boats, tankers and traveler vessels, can be seen from this walkway that lines the coast.
Apart from the aforementioned, Cochin has a lot more to explore. It is recommended to buy a travel guide book or be well acquainted with the worth visiting spots in Cochin before starting your journey. You can also easily get Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore or Pune to Cochin flights anytime of the year. It is better to book in advance since Cochin is the most travelled tourist destination in south India. Have a wonderful trip!