Before choosing the right toys for your child, think that the toys are the child’s occupation. As in workplace, one learns newer tricks of the trade, as kids toys enable the child to learn new skills every moment. Good toys not only amuse them but also they act an instrument of their growth. The ‘open-ended toys’ are considered just right toys for the kids as these can be used in different ways to enhance their imagination and creativity. The term ‘open-ended toys’ is used for balls, cardboard boxes, blocks, cloth pieces and craft materials.
Toys with the right interest of the child
Interestingly, the toy selected by the adults somewhere reflects the interest and personality of the adult. However, this may not be the interest of the child. So, buy the toy as per the inclination of the child towards the toys. The toys have the age written over the packages. Make sure to follow that. Some toys with smaller pieces are not safe for the toddlers as the baby can swallow and hurt himself. So, what is the best toy you can buy for the child, find as per the age of your little one?
The best toys for the child of all ages
- Toys for newborn: A newborn baby has vague eyes that don’t focus on the objects more than 15”. So, the best toys one need to look for them includes hand-held toys, the newborn’s smile will ensure your purchase is perfect. A music box amuses him, as sound always clicks. Unbreakable mirrors where they enjoy their reflection, wind chimes, sock & wrist rattles,and soft toys that make sounds when squeezed can also fascinate them.
- Toys for 3- 6 months old child: During this age, the child begins to hold the toy and look from all angles. Look for crib mobile that exudes bright colors and sound to fascinate him. Buy a rattle with thicker material for safety, activity bars that can be fitted in crib or car when he travels along. Board books, colorful teething soft plastic toys and soft stuffed animal toys are always a winner. However, take precaution against safety hazards like a springy tail or the plastic eyes.
- Toys for 12-18 months: For your active child who has just learned to walk, you can give large building blocks of cardboard bricks, push & pull toys to enhance their mobility. Stack and unstack toys,balls, washable crayons and picture books can also be given to kids in this age range.
- Toys for 24- 36 months: The interests of the child in this age are different and variable. Musical percussive instruments, art supplies, child size houses, and puzzles etc. are few of the toys one can buy for them.
- Toys for older children: The toys that interest them are mind related games like puzzles, indoor games, and outdoor sports. You can also consider giving tech toys to your kids
Hordes of toys are promoted and are available off the shelf. In a nutshell, kids toys can contribute to child’s overall growth.