What is your plan for the summer? Is it to do the same old, same old or do you have a fancy road trip in the works? May we suggest a fabulous road trip around Australia? It’s a great country with wild wildlife, fun-loving Aussies, and plenty to see and do as you travel around in a campervan hire Australia.
Speaking of campervan hires; do you know how or where to find the good deals? While renting a car could be more affordable, it’s not really as comfortable as driving around in a campervan and if you want to kill two birds with one stone by having your bed where you drive, then renting a campervan is a very good idea.
If you have experience traveling well while spending less, you may know how to find a good deal. If not, here are some tips on how you can find the great motorhome rental rates to ensure that you can have a great road trip without spending too much:
- Spend some time browsing online. If you have no idea of how much you should be spending on a campervan, you’ll want to do your research beforehand. You may find the first website that pops up and think “well, that’s the price, I guess I’ll have to dish out this money.” If you do a little more research, you could find better deals. Look around for a bit before choosing one.
- Share the cost with a friend who wants to road trip Australia. You may originally think of doing a solo-trip in Australia, but as you look for rates, you may find that it will be more cost-effective to travel with a friend. Put some feelers out there and see if there is any like-minded individual who would want to share a space and spend less, in order to experience the beauty and wonder of Australia.
- Consider renting a campervan hire Australia that needs to be returned to the dealer. Some dealers are offering their campervan rentals for as little as a dollar a day. This may sound impossible, but it’s actually a fair trade off for them. They get the vehicle back to their dealership and you get to visit a few places along the way. Just be aware that you’ll have to rush your trip more than if you were renting at a normal rate.
- Ask friends who they’ve rented with. If you have friends who have already rented a campervan while traveling Australia, they may have tips on where to look and what you should expect to pay for an average campervan. If you have friends who always seem to find great deals on their travels, you’ll want ot make a point of asking them about their experiences, as they could share with you some tricks on finding on low prices.
- Look on websites that often offer great deals on vehicle rental rates. Just as there are websites for low prices on flights and hotels, there are also some that offer deals on campervan rentals. While sometimes they may have prices that you can find on the actual dealer sites themselves, at other times you may save a lot by booking a rental with them. Be flexible with dates and perhaps options of taking a different route than you had already planned. If you’re open about where or how you travel, you could find some really good deals.
- Be willing to cut back on the non-essentials. You know that fancy living room area in that luxurious motorhome? Is it something that you need? Honestly when it comes to traveling around Australia bush, you’ll be spending more time outdoors exploring than sitting around inside a motorhome or campervan. Look for the ones that have the basics that you need, such as a bed, a minifridge or cooler, and enough space for you and your travel partner and then let go of all the fancy things that aren’t necessary for a road trip in the outback.
Finding great deals on a campervan is possible. Sure, you may need to say goodbye to some fancy features that you may have had your heart set on, but you’ll find that they weren’t really necessary in the end.
After all, what’s the point of traveling around Australia? Is it to stay in the very best campervan in town or is it to experience something different in your life? Road tripping in a campervan can be a fun way to travel and get to know the locals.
Do your research, take your time, and be open to trying something new as you look for a budget-friendly campervan hire Australia. Great deals are out there—all you need to do is look. Most of all, make sure to enjoy the experience of road tripping around this gorgeous and wild country.