By working on multiple muscle groups at one go you can make a real difference in your fitness level. For this, you don’t need to go to gym for 6 days in a week even.
With some fundamental knowledge about how to train your muscles in a less duration of time by spending less number of hours in the gym and yet achieve maximum results.
However, you will requiring a professional help as you need to perform these exercises maintaining the right form.
If you will be doing them without proper guidance of a qualified fitness instructor with certification in personal training courses, there are possibilities you will end up getting injured.
Let’s have a look at some of the compound exercises that can help you train every muscle group in the body.
Clean and Press
It is one of the most popular types of exercise predominantly among the lifters and athletes as it helps them to gain more power and improve their overall stamina level. This exercise basically helps you to target your legs, shoulders, arms, back, and butt muscles.
Here are the steps that you need to follow while performing this exercise:
- Firstly, you have to stand up straight with your feet shoulder distance apart with Olympic bar over the center area of your feet.
- Make sure you don’t twist or arch your back. It has to be straight and after that bend down and hold bar with an overhand grip.
- Make sure your knees should go beyond your toes and bring your butts down until your thighs are perpendicular to the ground.
- Next, pull the bar off the ground and once it reaches your chest level take a rest of a few seconds before you make a thrust to move the weight over your head while using your upper body muscles.
Another best exercise that will help you trains your multiple muscle groups. Even for deadlift you can either use bar or dumbbells. These exercise need to be performed in the right manner that is the only key to target the muscles in the right way.
Here are the steps that you need to follow as recommended by a qualified fitness instructor with certification in personal training courses while performing the exercise:
- Firstly, you have to stand in the same position as you did in the clean and press exercise.
- When your thighs are perpendicular to the ground, squeeze your shoulder blades and pull the bar up while looking in front while coming to the standing position.
- You have to hold for some seconds in when you stand up and carefully come back to the ground level while keeping your back straight.
The squat is considered to be one of the best compound exercises as it helps you again target different muscles groups at one go. While the lower body will get engaged mainly and upper body will help you maintain stability by supporting the body weight.